11/8/12

Empty Yesterdays

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you're left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." ~ Harold Hill, The Music Man.

It's so true, too many people shut out life for no reason. I used to be one of those people. Some people have to come out of their shell, I had to come out of three or four. What I write is mostly from experience. I said no to people and experiences alot and sometimes without any reason for saying no.

It becomes our default answer, our fallback. Before we even think about it the word has already left our mouth and is gone. Don't be that person. Think about the offer before you just blatantly refuse. It might actually be alot of fun. 

One of the biggest excuses I hear from people I talk to is "My show's on that night". I get it, I understand where they're coming from, but it kind of warps my brain when I hear it, and here's why. We have one life, just one and people are worried about a tv show. 

Seriously, real life might not be as cool as the people on the sitcoms or crime shows or whatever, but at least you're in it. I've always had more fun going out with friends than sitting in front of a tv. 

Well, I'll level with you, if you've been following for awhile you already know, I'm really busy. I don't sit in front of a tv and there's a reason for that.

There's too much life going on around me. 

Make friends, go out to places, suck the zest out of life. I'm lucky enough to live in a city with an art gallery and they change exhibits four times a year or so. I've seen them all. Go with friends, even better go by yourself, listen to classical music, and go through the art at your own pace.

Just get out there and do. Before I wrap this I want to tell you something maybe no one's told you before, I've told a few people and I'll probably tell a few more. "If you say no to your friends enough, they just stop asking." That's a scary thought, I had a friend ask me why I didn't invite him to stuff anymore, that's what I told him. People aren't going to waste their time if they already know the answer. Start getting out more before it's too late, because once they stop asking, you're sunk.

This has been Bloom and that's my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment